Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week Eighteen

Greetings from Baby and Mama!  Baby's a whoppin' 5.6 inches long and 6.7 ounces (roughly the size of a sweet potato :) ).  Here are some verbs that describe our little sweet potato this week: yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing and also...kicking!  I felt baby kick for the first time!  I had just laid down last Wednesday night when I felt something like popcorn popping in my stomach; I had never felt anything like it.  It happened for only a few seconds when I realized it was baby kicking; I told Josh and he put his hand to my belly just in time to feel baby's kicks too!  It was a special moment to experience together.  Since then I haven't been able to detect that same "popcorn" feeling but I look forward to more kicks in the coming weeks :). 
                                                                                                Wishing you all a Lovely Evening,
                                                                                                           Jen

2 comments:

  1. LOVE watching that belly grow, and to hear that you felt the baby kick is exciting :-) You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Jen :) Missing all of you!

    ReplyDelete