Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Cake for Babycakes

Josh and I headed up north the day after our ultrasound appointment.  This meant that even though we were we bursting with joy to share our news (I almost told a stranger in the waiting room) our lips had to be sealed until Sunday when our families would get together.  Josh and I prepared a special "reveal" cake at the cabin.  Pink dye was to be used if we were going to have a girl; blue for a boy.  We used two containers of frosting to make sure the food coloring didn't show through!   We arrived at my parents' home around 5:00pm Sunday.  There was much anticipation about the cake; we actually cut into it before dinner!  But before the big event mom had everyone choose a pink or blue napkin based on their prediction about baby. 

Meet the Blue Team
and here's The Pink Team
The Cake
The Moment
It's a Boy!
We Celebrated!
Proud Papa
Josh and I feel incredibly blessed to have people in our lives that celebrate with us in special ways.  We love them so much.  We can't wait to welcome our little boy into the family!  Our love for him is like my belly, it continues to grow and grow.

P.S. A great big thank you to my mother-in-law Jackie for taking some of these pictures! 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures Jen and am so happy to look forward to a sweet baby boy! We miss you all, and wish we could be there to celebrate :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wOW!!!What a cool way to reveal!~!! You guys look so joyful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Britta... the pictures are so fun to see :) The picture of Josh is just precious!! Thanks for sharing friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos! What a wonderful celebration! Everyone looks so joyful- you both have such amazing families to share this special time with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is the cutest idea!!1 congrats what a cute family

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was successful at making my face a huge puddle! I am so happy for you Jacobs!

    ReplyDelete