Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week Twenty Two

My First Diaper Bag
This was my spring break project during our babymoon (thanks Megan for the pattern!).  I had incredible amounts of fun with this whole project.  From browsing the beautiful fabrics to sewing seams I couldn't keep from smiling.  I kept thinking to myself...there are going to be baby things in this bag for OUR LITTLE BOY!!!  Sewing this bag was a time for me to really slow down and reflect upon the changes our family has been going through these past months and to look forward to what is to come.  It was a time that I could talk to God and also be quiet and listen. 
Babycakes and I are doing just fine this week.  His kicks are becoming more recognizable and frequent (mostly at night).  One of the best things has been waking up in the mornings to Josh's hands on my belly as he prays for our little guy.  My belly seems to be more recognizable now.  The parents and students at school are more confident when they approach me to say "congratulations" :).  I hope to write about our babymoon soon!

Have a lovely Sunday,
                                           Jen 

4 comments:

  1. I know I told you earlier, but you did a phenomenal job on babycake's diaper bag :) And how cool that God has given you such a talent!! You'll have to show it to me when we visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I love your diaper bag! I am so impressed that you know how to sew something this special & did it so quickly! It's incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Nice sewing Jen! I have loved following your blog about babycakes. I find myself smiling everytime I read a post. Your love for your little guy shines through your every word. I am so happy for you. XOXOX Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words friends :)

    ReplyDelete