Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our Babymoon: Part Two

The Wonderful Ways We Spent Our Days

1. cooking/eating- Lately after work I have been too tired to try new recipes and whip up interesting meals.  The babymoon was a perfect time to enjoy leisurely time in the kitchen.  Josh actually was "head chef" for most of our meals.  I didn't mind being "sous chef" though :).
Handsome Head Chef
I heart crepes!
2. reading/resting- Time slowed for the few days we were up north.  We woke up and went to sleep without ever looking at a clock.  We also enjoyed a few afternoon naps :).  We loved to cozy up on the couch with a cup of coffee and spend extended time reading God's Word.  The cabin is so peaceful; no sounds of cars rushing by or sirens blaring.  God used this quietness to affect our hearts as well.  We also got great joy from reading Frances Chan's book Crazy Love.  Both Josh and I would highly recommend this book!
3. sewing- I love, love to sew.  Along with being too tired to cook fun things these days I have also had no energy to do creative endeavors like sewing.  These few days refreshed my soul.  I adored sitting behind my sewing machine and listening to the machine hum happily along as I made our little boy's diaper bag.

4. exploring- One afternoon we ventured out into the 30 degree day and took a walk by the frozen lake.  Our feet crunched through snow as we talked about our little life and dreamed about the future.
We also did some exploring in town one morning.  Breakfast was delicious at the Schwarzwald Inn!
The pancakes were as big as the plate!
 funny little things hanging from the ceiling...
Josh and I had babymoon full of blessings.
  Thanks Mike and Jackie for lending us the cabin for the long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Looking at all this delicious food has made me hungry :) Did I talk to you about "Crazy Love"? It's funny because I just started reading it myself! And although it takes me longer to read things these days (with less time) I'm enjoying the first bit so far. Thanks for sharing your babymoon-- what a lovely time for you and Josh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a relaxing weekend. It is always so nice to have time to be creative. Love the diaper bag! The crepes looked yummy. You are welcome to use the cabin anytime~ I am reading "Crazy Love" also :) I like that he has videos online to follow along with the book and add more insight.

    ReplyDelete