Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week Twenty Three

Preparing For Baby
We registered for babycakes this Friday!  It would have been a completely overwhelming experience for Josh and me if it weren't for our dear friends The Mathis' coming with us.  To truly understand the word "overwhelming" let me paint you a picture.  Josh and I had to open our registry at Target two weeks ago so that we would qualify for a $20.00 gift card.  We ended up only registering for ONE thing...a baby monitor; and it took us 45 minutes to actually decide!  So, let's just say if Josh and I had registered alone the evening probably would have resulted with a few tears shed.  We are so thankful for our friends coming with us.  Meg was a fountain of wisdom as we perused through the aisles.  They blessed us so much!  A quick word of advice to first time mamas and papas about registering for your baby....I would HIGHLY recommend having seasoned parents accompany you! 

Here are a few photos from our time at Target
Carson and Coleman ready to rock
 Love the way the Mathis' use their shopping cart...very strategic!
 I noticed these next ones were a bit blurry.  But on the bright side, at least Josh's finger didn't take up 1/3 (or more) of the picture of me (this happens quite frequently when he uses my phone to take pictures).  I only had to crop out a smidgen of his thumb :).
Meg and Carson
 David and Coleman
Kiddos all tuckered out from shopping for their soon-to-be buddy
We had such a great time with David, Meg, and their adorable twin boys!

2 comments:

  1. Did my mom give you that gift card deal? (I'm assuming that is the one you are talking about) haha....Ol' targer was trying to rush things for Ben and I haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! What a great deal! Glad we could use it :).

    ReplyDelete