Thursday, November 10, 2011

the unexpected

Here's a look at my family on my 27th birthday.
 If you would have asked me at age 20 to predict what my life would be like at 27 I would have told you I was going to be a married fashion designer living in the suburbs with a few small kiddos.  
I love how God always has the best plans...and His plans always shake things up a bit, don't they?  

Here's how His plan unfolded these past 7 years:
1. I married a friend from high school.  (I always prayed to marry someone just like him...turns out I married him instead...even better!).
2. I dropped out of a fashion design program and pursued teaching after volunteering at an amazing Christian inner-city school.
3. I became a teacher at that same school three years later.
4. We moved into the heart of the city.
5. We met Jemimah through that school.  She's been a part of our family for 2.5 years now!  Love this girl.
6. I am mama to one small kiddo and a pseudo mama to a senior in high school (Jemimah).  I definitely would have never predicted this one :).

Thanks God for all things unexpected.  Your ways are better by far.

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
-Isaiah 55:9


4 comments:

  1. Your family is adorable. That's so happy for Jemimah too, I'm adopted and I love that :)

    I not so secretly hope that when my husband and I move to Georgia I can find a child like her to bring into our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 27th Birthday! You have a Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet family :)

    I too married a friend from high school, 8 years after we graduated. Isn't it amazing how life turns out.

    I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete