Monday, November 14, 2011

a friend

Meet Amber.  Wife, mama, and dear friend.  
Amber and I met in college while studying education.  
We hit it off instantly in Spanish class!  
I have fond memories of ice cream outings, 
double dates and watching football with our husbands.
She was one of my first friends to become a mom.
I loved dreaming with her about her little one.  
Amber and her family moved away a few years back 
but we still keep in touch.  
Amber is one of the most thoughtful people I know.  
She often sends cards, text messages, or voicemails 
"just because" and to let me know she cares 
and is thinking of me.  She's also very good
at remembering special occasions. 
  
I'm so thankful to God for this family.  

Amber has taught me about motherhood 
and about being a woman who trusts God 
with the big things and the little things. 

Thanks God for Amber.

P.s. Happy Birthday Amber!  
Wish I could be there to celebrate with you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwe! I'm just reading this, and I'm very touched by your kind, sweet words :-) I'm glad God brought us to meet in Spanish class 5 years ago... You've impacted my life as well! And it's fun to see you as a mama now :) We can't wait to meet Ernie... Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete