Tuesday, November 29, 2011

even the difficult days

We all have difficult days, or nights in my case.  I've been challenged this past week to be grateful even after sleepless nights.  I think Ernie is teething or hitting a growth spurt; he gets up several times a night (reminds me of when he was a newborn!).  Last night was one of those nights.  What added an extra challenge was the fact that I had a friend that was planning on meeting me at the YWCA at 6am this morning.  I went believe it or not.  As I drove to the Y all I could think about was how tired I was and how much longer I could keep this up.  It's about that time that I realized I needed God's help; to get through the workout, to get through the day, to get through this sweet but tiring season of life.  It felt good to call on a God who cares.  Now, when I got to the gym I honestly contemplated napping for an hour in the locker room instead of working out :).  Sanity won though and I hit the stairmaster.  

"cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you"
1 Peter 5:7

How are you thankful after a hard day?

3 comments:

  1. This is something that is very hard for me - to be thankful when I'm tired. When we got our second dog, I had to get up in the middle of the night and early in the morning to let her out and I did not handle it well at all. Add in all the times that she peed or pooped in the house and I just about lost it. It was great practice for being a parent though!

    Glad you got your workout in. Hope Ernie sleeps better so you can too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, My heart goes out to you. I know it's so hard to be tired all the time. My sweet Savannah has been doing the same with her sleeping. It is so good to receive the Lord's help and grace! He is so faithful! Bless you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement Kathy and Angela!

    ReplyDelete