Saturday, November 20, 2010

Inspired by Advent Calendars

I love advent calendars!  Growing up I had the Avon Mouse Calendar (now called the vintage Avon Mouse Calendar :).  Josh had this one too!  I looked forward to moving the little mouse closer to Christmas each day.  Years have passed since then.  I think it is time to have an advent calendar in our home.  I have been inspired by all of the beautiful advent calendars; I have decided to attempt to make my own.  I have less than 10 days to finish!  First, I have to decide what kind to create...



There are so many lovely advent calendars!  I'm leaning towards a sewn look this year.  I haven't had the time to sew lately but Thanksgiving at mom and dad's will allow for some sweet sister sewing time :).  I'll keep you updated on my progress.  I'm off to buy fabric!

1 comment:

  1. oooh this makes me want to make an advent calendar! I have fond memories of our now "vintage" mouse one. I'm excited to see the results!

    ReplyDelete