Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sunny News!

Before I get to the sunshine let me start with a story.  It all started the evening before Thanksgiving.  We were staying at my parents house.  I hadn't been feeling very well the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving so I waited for Josh to get home and took a pregnancy test "just in case".  I couldn't believe my eyes when the "two blue lines" showed up instantly.  I told Josh to "quick get the box"! so we could double check our results.  Sure enough...I was pregnant!
I was crying and laughing at the same time.  We were overjoyed as the idea of having a baby sunk in.  We decided to wait to tell our parents until Thanksgiving.  We had time to talk with each other and pray that evening.  Before going back downstairs to the family I wiped my tear-stained face and tried to act "normal".  It was pretty difficult but we managed to fool them for one night :). 

Thanksgiving Day I asked my family to play a game of Scrabble with us.  My family (dad especially) loves Scrabble.  Dad had to go dowstairs halfway through the game to put more wood on the fire; mom went with to help.  It was the perfect opportunity for me to write our special news on the gameboard.
Mom and dad were so funny; at first they were arguing about the placement of the word on the board!  Then they realized what the words said and they were so excited.  Justine rushed downstairs (I begged her to play but I couldnt talk her into it :) ) and we all celebrated this new life.
Next up, the Jacobs:
We were talking about vacation plans (we were going on a family cruise in December) when Josh asked his parents if there would be room for "one more" in our cabin.  They looked a little confused at first but then Mike said "you mean for a little one"?  We all hugged and shared in the excitement.  Britta and Ben couldn't make it home for Thanksgiving so we video-chatted with them to inform them they were going to be an auntie and uncle.  We shared the news with Beth and Jordan by writing in the snow with blue food coloring (a childhood tradition at the Jacobs').
We feel so blessed to have family and friends in our lives to share in these special moments.  We are thankful for their endless love and support and are eager to begin this new stage of life with them.

Since Thanksgiving, I have been feeling alright.  I had a little bit of nausea in the first few weeks and was tired but those symptoms have gotten better as I am now approaching my 12th week of pregnancy.  I am looking forward to Monday when I go in for my 12 week appointment.  My sister and mom are coming with me and we (God willing) will hear the baby's heart beat!  God's grace has been more than sufficient for me throughout pregnancy and I am trusting in Him for continued strength, peace, joy, and rest. 

4 comments:

  1. YAY! YAY! HOORAY! I love all of the pictures, and stories of how you told all the family :) We are still beaming with excitement for you guys! And I look forward to seeing your baby bump in May-- until then we are praying for you and baby during the pregnancy. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen & Josh! Jamie and I both are thrilled for you guys! What a fun and creative way you shared your news with your families! The Lord bless you and your growing baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blessing! I am so happy for you both! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you two! Motherhood/Fatherhood is amazing and it brings joy to your lives in no other way imaginable! I pray for a safe, healthy, pregnancy filled with love and excitement! God bless you and keep you safe!

    ReplyDelete