Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thankful for a Mouse?

    I was scrambling to make my lunch Friday morning (as usual) when I noticed small shreds of something in the pantry.  I had noticed this the other day but swept it up thinking Josh or Jemimah spilled oatmeal while shuffling through the cupboard.  This time I took a closer look to see what all the messiness was about.  I picked up a bag of sunflower seeds (already de-shelled) and seeds flowed through a small hole at the bottom of the bag.  Eww!!  I then realized the shreds were the husks of the small sunflower seeds!  I was mortified because Thursday I had used those seeds in my salad.  Yep, I shared my sunflower seeds with a stinkin' mouse; that's disgusting.  Anyways, this morning and afternoon Josh and I have been mouse hunting.  Josh made a run to home depot and came back with a bag full of supplies to de-mouse our house.
    I was in the midst of throwing myself a pity party when I  called my sister to complain.  She plainly told me she has been living with mice for two years.  Okay, that's pretty rough; but I can still feel sorry for a little while right?  Not exactly... what really makes me think I have it easy is that Jemimah told me at breakfast that growing up in Thailand she has had a PYTHON in her house, twice...a PYTHON.  So, I will stop sulking about (a?) mouse and be thankful it's not a monstrous life-threatening snake...VERY THANKFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment