Sunday, October 2, 2011

27 candles

Last weekend marked my 27th birthday.  My sweet husband took me out for an afternoon full of birthday surprises.  We started out back where we began our journey of marriage five years ago...St. Paul.  I had always wanted to check out W.A. Frost & Co.  We didn't have a lot of extra money at that time being newly married and in college, but that didn't keep us from admiring the charming architecture and big beautiful windows as we drove by.  Well, Saturday Josh made reservations for us at this special spot and let me tell you...it lived up to all of our expectations!  The ambiance was inviting and had a "turn of the century" feel.  The food was so fresh and delicious.  After almost every bite we commented on how good it was!  The waitress even gave me a cute little creme brulee with a candle as a complimentary dessert!


Afterward we headed a few blocks over to visit the first apartment we lived in.  Hand in hand we strolled the streets and recounted all of the memories of our first year of marriage.

Our next stop was Starbucks for a free birthday drink...I got a salted caramel mocha...yum!

Lastly, we enjoyed a long walk along Summit Avenue and admired the grandeur of the mansions and the colors of fall.

It was a wonderful way to celebrate 27 years of life!  One of my favorite birthdays so far :).
  How do you like to celebrate birthdays?




*photo templates found here

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely Birthday afternoon :)

    My birthdays are usually celebrated with more indoor festivities (since it's in the middle of November)...but a free coffee is usually involved as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this post, and all of your lovely pictures :) Glad you had a wonderful celebration!!

    I enjoy celebrating with small pleasures such as a birthday dinner and I like little surprises too. Dan has surprised me with cake in the past! This year we may be going to a Colts game to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! You are so cute! This is such a fun date and your pictures are amazing. I just wanted to pop by and say thanks for 'following' my blog :) I started checking out yours and then could not. stop. reading. Your little guy is such a cutie! I made it all the way back to your "36 weeks" post and finally decided to stop up here and comment :) Congratulations on your new little one! Reading about the start of your family makes me even more excited to start our some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britta and Amber..you both have birthdays right around the corner :). Leslie, thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete