Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Date Deals

Saturday the hub and I went out on a "day date".  Josh surprised me last weekend by rounding up all of our giftcards from the past year and planning a maternity shopping date (swoon :) ).  Even though I cleared out my closest a few weeks ago I realized my clothes were not quite fitting like they used to so I happily made a little more room for a few clothing purchases. 

First Stop: Blacklist Vintage
I had sold a dress here this summer for $10.50 in store credit.  I scoured the racks to find "vintage maternity" and didn't have luck.  The gal working ended up looking too and found a black skirt from the 60's!  I love it.  It is simple but the small detail of buttons on the back gives it a fun look.



Next Up: Lakeshore Learning
Yeah I know there aren't any maternity clothes here but sometimes you have to run errands on dates too :).
Next Up: Panera
Josh had a "free bakery treat" to use.  We indulged in a chocolate croissant.  He sipped coffee and I enjoyed my box of milk.




Next Up: Anthropologie
I didn't have any giftcards here and did not end up buying anything but wow, what a place to get inspired!
Here are a few pretty things from Anthro: latte bowls, paperclips (the most adorable ever made)
Next Up: H&M
Thanks Beth for the giftcard!  I bought two sweaters (not maternity, but they button in the front so I think they will work out for awhile) and a pair of black tights.
Next Up: Gap
No giftcards here but we were glad we stopped in; every clearance item was another 30% off!  Here were the purchases:
For Dinner: We stopped at Culvers for a couple of kid's meals (Thanks Jackie for the Culvers tickets!).  A hamburger and ice cream tasted so good :).

And so ended our day of deals.  Total Savings $68.00!

1 comment:

  1. Another thing I love about you Jen... you are a bargain shopper like myself!! Sounds like an awesome date :)

    ReplyDelete