Thursday, September 15, 2011

wide-eyed nights

Ernie's supposed to be sleeping right now; you know, because apparently newborns sleep a lot?  Well, Ernie's not your typical newborn; most nights he winds down around midnight.  And I guess technically he's not even a newborn anymore.  Wow.  Our little Ernie Boy is already six weeks old.  I am stunned!  I guess it shouldn't surprise me; he's already grown out of all of his newborn clothes (the jammies were the first to go!).  We have been loving these weeks with Ernie.  I can't seem to put him down for the life of me.  I guess it shows too...the house is a complete disaster most days and I haven't really cooked a "meal" for, well, six weeks?!  Oh my, I can't believe it's been that long!  Thank you friends and family for lavishing your love on us by providing meals, encouragement, and extra hands for holding the babe while we get a few things done around here.  Life will eventually get back to a somewhat normal state I assume.  Until then, we are learning how to be parents and do life at the same time...a tricky task!  I will leave you with a few photos taken at the cabin last weekend.  


Good night friends!  And guess what?  Ernie fell asleep at 11:02; we are making progress toward a somewhat decent bedtime :).

Much Love,

Jen


   

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures~6 weeks have flown by! An hour earlier is getting better. Have a great weekend and hope you get to sleep a bit more. We miss him already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go to the new mom & pop! 6 weeks! You are amazing parents already :) I really hope Ernie is wearing his plaid shoes next time I see him, what precious little feet. Love you Jacobs! Keep up the wide-eyed nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! I randomly found your blog, can't remember how! But I love it! Don't know if you remember me at all but we went to school together a long long time ago! ;-) Brittany Le Gare, now Brittany Parker....anywho your blog is so fun to read, love your little tid bits of life, wisdom, fun vintage finds, recipes and love for the Lord. Keep posting & congrats on the little one, he is adorable!

    God Bless,

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brittany! Thanks so much. I do remember you! Love your photography by the way :).

    ReplyDelete