Wednesday, September 21, 2011

drive thru date

I have always loved date night.  For 5 years of marriage Josh and I have made a habit of having a date at least once a week.  Dates can be anything from dinner and a movie to a walk around the lakes with a coffee stop (one of my faves!).  Since Ernie's been born we've missed several weeks of date night.  Josh must have noticed this downward trend so he decided to do something about it.  


One evening last week  we had finished running errands and were on our way home when we remembered we had a few movies to return to the redbox.  I returned the movies and hopped back into my usual spot (the backseat by baby) when Josh asked me from the rearview mirror if I wanted to have a little "drive thru date" with him.  I smiled; it sounded perfect.  We both ordered ice cream and I moved up to the front seat.  We sat in the McDonald's parking lot, listened to the Jayhawks on The Current, and caught up on life in whispers.





 Ernie Boy slept through the entire thing.  
It was a great date; I am anticipating the next!  
Thanks sweet husband for always finding creative ways to make me feel special.


No comments:

Post a Comment