Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week Thirty Seven (and four days)

The Bump This Week
 less than three weeks to go!
It's a hot one today...over 90 I am sure.  The husband is out washing and vacuuming the car (said he likes to work up a good sweat) so I thought I would take a little time to reflect on this past week from the comfort of my air conditioned basement.  So here's what I've been up to this week (my first week "off" from teaching!):
1.sleeping- it's unbelievable how tired I've been...more tired than the first trimester?  can't remember...seems like it
2.sewing- just a wee bit of this- I sewed a changing pad cover...pictures soon to come
3.soaking- one thing that's been really sweet has been the extra time I have been able to spend dwelling in God's word.  During the month of July I have decided to study Ruth.  To go along with my study I have been reading A Sweet and Bitter Providence by John Piper and listening to these sermons each week.    Ruth is a story of love, suffering, and trust in God; I've found myself in these pages and have been praying to have a heart like Ruth that finds refuge in the Lord.
3.preparing

  • hospital bag (check)
  • baby clothes washed and put away (check)
  • car seat assembled (check, thanks hon!)
  • make lots of lists with endless "baby oriented tasks" that will never get done in time (double check)
4.pondering- I still lay awake some nights and think about our little guy.  Some thoughts are simple- I wonder if he'll have his daddy's eyes? Some are more complex- sleep schedules, immunizations (you get the picture), and some are ridden with worry about being a mom...a MOM.  When I actually heard someone say the word in reference to me it took me a moment to swallow that one syllable title.  Being a mom is a big deal and there is a lot I could worry about so these verses have been helping my heart these past months:

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 
                                             -Philippians 4:6-7

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
                                             -2 Corinthians 12:9

Do you all have any Scripture to help cast off fear and anxiety?  I would love your thoughts.

Much Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment