Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How to Spend a Snow Day?

This year marks my third year working as a teacher.  In those three years we have never had a snow day...and now we have had two snow days in the last two days!  On Monday morning I felt like a giddy child when I saw Minneapolis Public Schools (our school corresponds to their closings) on the wcco school closings website.  I could hardly go back to sleep.  One idea after another kept popping into my head about how I was going to spend the dayI've been thankful for these past two days at home.  I feel refreshed and ready to go back to school.  Here are a few things I enjoyed while being snowed in...
                                                  extended time reading and journaling

baking muffins with my new Kitchenaid (recipe to come :) )!
writing Christmas cards to my kindergartners
How do you like to spend a snow day?

2 comments:

  1. Mine would include talking with you over tea :-) I have some new tea that I think you would like. Your day sounds right up my alley though!

    ReplyDelete