Thursday, July 15, 2010

Why Bodies?

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Romans 12:1

Why does Paul tell us to present our bodies as a living sacrifice? Why not our minds, our hearts, our souls? Christianity isn't just a "mind religion" or a "heart religion" as John Piper would put it. God wants all of us. Bodies are important to God. I have a body to give bodily evidence that Jesus is my treasure. I was so helped by listening to the sermon "Present Your Bodies as Living Sacrifice" http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Feeds/
. My body is more than just skin and hair stretched over muscles. I am a vessel of mercy. God cares how I use my hands and feet and tongue. God cares so much that He came to live in flesh:

though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. Philippians 2:6-7

He can empathize with us! I am so thankful for a God who can relate to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment