Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I love aprons...


Don't you just love aprons? So many patterns, and pockets, and variations. Aprons make cooking more fun! I made this apron for my sister-in-law Britta. I got the idea for the apron from a book called A is for Apron. I didn't have to time to make a copy of the pattern from the book so my wonderful husband helped me sketch the pattern for the Lorelei apron onto tissue paper. It worked really well! It was my first time using bias tape to finish the edges. I actually attempted to make my own continuous bias tape but that was more difficult than expected. Because of the time crunch I made a quick run to JoAnn for pre-made bias. I hope to conquer the continous bias sometime this summer :). I really love the fabric for this apron. Britta is a big fan of blue and I am a sucker for floral prints. I got all of my material from Crafty Planet (link below); it is my favorite fabric store in Minneapolis.

http://www.craftyplanet.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hey..That is a very nice pic!! The person who took it must be pretty..Mwahahaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jemimah kindly took the picture for me (a.k.a. "anonymous")

    ReplyDelete