Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Brueggers 6:02am


Sitting in this booth
watching slowly as sun lights up
skyline shadows shift
clouds move along brightening blue

out of whole wheat bagels
just coffee this morning
Psalm 100
overflows with thanks

a nurse scurries in scrubs
to get a quick cup
Somali men fill the Starbucks
next door voices talking
over one another

a new day
new mercies
every Friday this is what Josh does
I should join him

phone call from Justine
just got back from India
paper cup is empty
heart is full

it is good to make a joyful noise
for this sunrise

2 comments:

  1. Jen,
    I love your new blog! You are very creative! I'm looking forward to seeing the uncovered beauty you discover in the days to come!! And I'm looking forward to a great new year at Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a gift for turning real life into poetry... I like your blog, friend. Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete